Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Introduction

I play games. A lot.

Enough that I feel qualified to write about them.

Player of Game is my attempt at both cataloguing thoughts on my favorite pasttime, and creating a resource than fans of gaming can learn from and enjoy. I've been gaming since my parents bought the family's first computer when I was 3 years old. Although I'm young enough that I missed the first wave of gaming, I still feel that I have grown up with gaming, and that gaming has grown up with me. In the time since I laid my hands on my first game, I've tried to play every good game that I can get my hands on. I've since learned a lot about gaming, and as a professional game designer, am looking more and more towards leaving a mark on a hobby I have become so passionate about.

Although the idea of a personal blog is appealing to me, I am more interested in making this space a forum that multiple people can contribute to. My dream is that my content becomes driven as much by my readers as by myself; I don't just want to use this as an idea repository; I would like this to become a source of knowledge and information for myself and others.

So please, feel free to comment, email me articles, recommend games, or propose crazy ideas.

Enjoy!

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment