Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Birthday World of Goo/Name Your Price

I spent a little bit of time doing some reading today and found a neat promotion going on at the World of Goo website. Apparently, the game has now reached its one year birthday, and to celebrate, its developers at 2D Boy are selling it at...you tell them.

That's right, World of Goo is on sale for the price of whatever the hell you want to pay. Personally, I downloaded it a year ago after playing the demo (which was spectacular) with my brother and didn't regret buying it at that price. Regardless, I heartily recommend that you purchase this game. World of Goo is definitely one of the more "oddball" games that I have played, and there is more than enough content for you to enjoy. World of Goo is compatible with PCs, Macs, as well as Linux, so as long as you aren't stuck on a home-brew OS you should be able to enjoy it.

Oh - you can also gift it to a friend using the above method, as well. Just don't go too crazy.

A quick conversation with one of my friends reminded me that a few musical artists have done this over the years, the names that came to mind being Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails and Radiohead. I've never seen the numbers on a promotion like this but sales quantities and average sale price would be awfully interesting numbers to me.

I wonder how many people are going to fork over more than the MSRP $20?

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment